Sunday, August 16, 2009
Tyranid Malanthrope Completed
I think I did the best on the carapace. I learned a lot about Tyranid carapace highlighting with this one. I also used 'ardcoat to make the feeding sacs glossy, especially in the recesses. This is my first finished Forgeworld model ever, and certainly not the last! My next FW model is a Barbed Heirodule, but that project is probably going to wait until Thanksgiving break.
For next time, I think I'll do the black a bit differently. The main fix would be doing the highlight similar to the carapace. Also, I made it a warm gray highlight, but I'm going to see how a cool gray highlight would go, seeing as the rest of the model is cool. It would be a subtle difference, but worth a try. Any criticism is welcome, I'm pretty proud of this one but I know I have plenty of room for improvement.