I took this guy with me up to Washington state last week, and finished him up over that time. It's interesting, the humidity up there has a noticeable effect on the paint application (I live in an extreme desert so it was noticeable).
Now that I look at it, I think it needs something on the base. It's kind of empty. I don't want to just stick a severed head on the base, so I'll have to come up with something else.
I mixed blue in my purple highlights to make the carapace feel more like part of the body. It isn't immediately clear in the pictures, but I used glossy coat on the tongue and toxin sacs. This is actually my first completed model of my Tyranid collection.
I'm almost done with the Malanthrope and painting my new Planetstrike terrain, and once that's done it's time to paint my friend's Ravenwing.