Monday, August 1, 2011

Tyrannofex Conversion

After months and months of sitting on my desk it's finally done.  I picked the Carnifex kit as my prize for Fantasy 'Ard Boyz Prelims and intended to make a Tyrannofex, so I've had it on my desk since April.  I found this conversion very difficult.  The hardest part was the upper carapace.  I used Instant Mold to make the cannons.

Originally I was going to have his claws gouged in the ground like a Biovore for support, but I couldn't bear to cut the claws off at the tip.  I like them too much.

All I have left to do to finish the Tyranid range is the Doom of Malan'Tai and a Tyranid Prime.  If I beat GW to the finish line it will be a sad day, as I am a slow worker and the book has been out for a year and a half.  Next on my workbench though is a Skaven Mordheim warband!


  1. Wow man cool! That's a seriously heavy duty bug!

  2. I have to say this,it looks better in person then in the pics.

  3. It does look better in person when you can see the detail on the carapace, and the Claws are just too awesome!

  4. The forelimbs are genius! The actual bioweapons are very well crafted. I now look at my T-Fex and know he is not worthy.

  5. Blastoise I choose you!
    I might steal this idea with the new haruspex kit...


Related Posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails